Your ultimate work from home career. Welcome to a new way of thinking.
PJS & Co. CPAs was founded by women who were tired of the expectation that you will be tied to a desk for most of your life to build a career. Katina Peters, Jami Johnson, and Jaime Staley, owners and founders, believe our society deserves strong professionals who have the ability to support their families. We offer an alternative environment that gives you the freedom to own your career while maintaining the flexibility that life can demand.
Because we offer a unique position with extraordinary benefits, we are very selective in our hiring process. We welcome everyone to apply and look to hire the most high-level, qualified talent.
Becoming a PJS & Co. Team Member
We love our CPAs and bookkeepers and do everything we can to provide support to our accountants. As a member of our team, you will gain valuable training and opportunities to grow. We offer highly qualified CPA mentors and experienced business owners who have the tenacity to help you thrive.
Why join our team?
- Flexible, work-from-home schedule: Power to create your own hours.
- Professional work environment: Our virtual CPA firm allows flexibility without sacrificing professionalism.
- Community: PJS & Co. CPAs maintains a support system of like-minded, educated and resourceful colleagues. You don’t have to start your own business and there are no upfront fees.
- Resources: We handle all sales and marketing to gain new clients as well as the accounting software needed to support clients.
How does it work?
At the onset of our relationship with you we ask you to determine the number of hours you would like to commit to working, as typically our CPAs are looking for part-time, flexible work, though we can also accommodate full-time hours as well. With our focus on work-life balance, generally our new team members experience a training and on-boarding period in which we strive to reach your desired hours within the first 3 – 6 months of joining our team.
In those first few months, we build up your workload over time in order to ensure you are not overwhelmed and can properly manage the work-life balance we strive to maintain among all members of our team. This is a delicate balance and is the focus of our firm so we take a slow and steady approach to be sure all the pieces fit.
PJS & Co. CPAs works with clients who support our company’s mission to revolutionize the way modern business is done. As such, we provide the highest level of work to our clients, with the expectation that our responses can take up to 48 hours in order to maintain our promise of true work-life balance. While we aim to give clients answers quickly, they are partners in our vision to offer a flexible work environment. You will also need all hardware to fulfill your duties including a computer, telephone and high speed internet service. You will also need Adobe DC or higher.
For more information, including compensation, please send your resume. We look forward to meeting you.
Part-time Experienced Billing Manager
PJS & Co. CPAs is looking for an experienced, professional, detail-oriented billing manager who will join our administrative team to lead and plan billing operations. The ideal Billing Manager will have at least 5 years supervisory experience in an accounting-related position. Knowledge of QuickBooks is required.
We are looking for someone to manage our billing process from start to finish with little to no oversight, so a motivated, self-starter.
- Assist our CPA team with billing support for all clients
- Manage client billing
- Manage monthly team payments
- Analysis and reporting to leadership team
- Oversee the complete lifecycle of the client process from onboarding and engagement letter to invoicing to confirmation of workflow completion.
- Resolve complex customer account problems
- Help manage quality control by making sure the team is maintaining and following standards
- Plan and implement quality assurance for all processes
- Oversee and streamline billing processes
- Any other tasks as assigned by leadership
- Excellent personal skills
- Experience in QuickBooks Online with accounting background preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Experience with contracts a plus
- Proficient in time management and self-reliant
- Proven ability to perform strategic planning and priority setting for a billing department
- Proven track record for improving process efficiencies and solving problems
- Experience in GoFileRoom a plus
- Ability to research technical issues as they arise and handle without supervision by working with support for affected programs
- Excellent professional writing skills
- Great research, organizational, and learning skills
- Experience creating and managing Standard Operating Procedures
- High comprehension of software like Microsoft Office Suite, G Suite, time management software, screen sharing and virtual conference software
- Any other tasks our leadership team may require
- Bachelor degree required
HRS – 80 – 100 hrs/month (approx. 20 – 25 hrs per week)
Starting at $20/hr. Compensation dependent on experience.
Part-time Experienced Tax CPA
PJS & Co. CPAs is a virtual firm that supports our team in balancing a career and family. As a CPA with PJS & Co. CPAs, you will gain a flexible schedule, professional atmosphere, multiple learning opportunities and become a part of a community of educated and resourceful colleagues. We are looking for motivated masters of time management who excel at working independently. You must be tech savvy and have a minimum of 20 hours of availability per week. Advisory experience a plus!
We are looking for loyal CPAs with a great work ethic to add to our professional team. ACTIVE CPA LICENSE AND TAX EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. Apply today!
Part-time Experienced Bookkeeper - QuickBooks experience required
PJS & Co. CPAs is a virtual firm that supports our team in balancing a career and family. As a bookkeeper with PJS & Co. CPAs, you gain a professional atmosphere, flexible schedule, multiple learning opportunities and become a part of a community of educated and resourceful colleagues. We are looking for motivated masters of time management who excel at working independently. You must be tech savvy and have a minimum of 20 hours of availability per week.
You must have the ability to maintain deadlines, deliver on promises, and work efficiently in a 100% remote environment.
We are looking for loyal bookkeepers with a great work ethic to add to our professional team. QUICKBOOKS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. Apply today!
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for professionals with the following qualifications to join our team.
- CPA applicants must have an active license
- Minimum commitment of 20 hours per week
- Small firm/business background
- History of working independently, pro-active self-motivator
- Must be well organized and detail oriented with ability to meet deadlines and deliver on promises made to clients
- Excellent people skills and customer contact history
- Outstanding communication
- Tech savvy
- Time management skills
- Tax background preferred
- QuickBooks experience preferred
Ready to Apply?
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We receive hundreds of inquiries about our opportunities. Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to all of these personally but we express gratitude to you for your interest. Those candidates who will be moving to the next step in our screening process will be contacted by our team. Good luck to all of you in your career pursuits!
Join Our Newsletter for Professionals
We will notify you of future opportunities with our firm!